CONGRATULATIONS to those who made 50k during November! You ROCK!
I didn't make the finish line for NaNoWriMo. However, it was very successful for me and I've learned much.
Here are some of the things I've learned:
1. Any writing is better than no writing.
2. I can find time to write.
3. I get gut rot from too much coffee.
4. Writing 50,000 words in one month is hard!
5. Once I get into the groove of my story, and I write regularly, the story stays with me and I think about it all the time.
6. First drafts can, and usually do, suck.
7. You can't rewrite or improve a blank page.
8. It's fun to watch word count go up.
9. (one I already knew) The online writing community is very supportive. Thank you - you know who you are.
10. Hey, maybe I CAN write a book!!
What have you learned?