Thursday, August 03, 2006

A few good links

Just some items I’ve found whilst surfing that I thought might be of interest to my fellow writers:

Carolyn Jewel's Writing Workshop - What I Learned the Hard Way
(courtesy of Lady Tess)

Tests of document readability and suggestions how to improve readability

Red River Romance Writers

Peder Hill’s Learn the Elements of a Novel

Writing Information – List of Articles

Writers on Writing Broadcasts from 2000
- the thoughts of twenty-one established writers. They share their hard worn experiences, explain aspects of the craft, and reflect on the wisdom gained from success and failure.
Writers on Writing presents an in depth study of the craft of writing from the inside. Our selection of writers impart their experiences based on five key learning areas:
  • the spark of idea;

  • the grind of writing;

  • creating characters;

  • shaping and balancing narrative; and

  • the ups and downs.
Writers include: Cristopher Koch, Dorothy Dunnett, Roger McDonald, Tom Petsinis, Eva Sallis, Janet Evanovich, Venero Armano, Anne Marie McDonald, Vikram Seth, Neale Drinnan, Claire Messud, A. Scott Berg, Nicholas Shakespeare, Hilary Mantel, Robert Drewe, Jennifer Johnston, Edvard Radzinsky, Richard Ford, Isobelle Carmody, Nikki Gemmel, and Tom Keneally

Also, Rene has started a Blog Carnival on the romance genre and is looking for writers/bloggers to participate.

Finally, for those of you that didn’t get a chance to go to the RWA National Conference in Atlanta, Blogging National has links to pictures and blog posts about the conference.
- Note: The 2006 & 2005 RWA Conference Recordings© on MP3 CD-ROM are $129.99 per set BUT you can get them for $99.99 per set plus S&H if you order them on or before Sunday, August 6, 2006.

5 comments:

Melissa Amateis said...

Wow, Nienke, I could spend all day looking at these writing articles! And since it's a slow day at work, maybe I will! ;-)

Tess said...

Thanks for more great links :-) And I've already ordered my CDS, + the CD of the handouts from RWA National. So, between Blogging National, the CDs and the handouts, it's almost like I WAS in Atlanta - just without all the travelling. And being able to hug my friends in person.

Rene said...

Thanks for the shout out. I've got a few links already and they are wonderful posts.

Joely Sue Burkhart said...

I love all the helpful links and info you always pass along! I'm off to check out these links. Thanks for sharing!

Shesawriter said...

That Writing Information link is invaluable! Thanks!