Friday, May 12, 2006

A Conny Weekend

I’m in such a good mood.

This weekend I’m going to see Debra Dixon, novelist and publisher, speak on goal, motivation, and conflict (she is author of the book, GMC:  Goal, Motivation and Conflict). She is presenting at the Toronto Romance Writers (of which I’m now a member – woo hoo!)

Next week, many of my blogger friends are attending the Romantic Times Annual Booklovers Convention in Daytona, Florida. More than 250 authors will be there signing their books. How cool is that?

Can you just imagine the cool blog posts next week?

Are you going to the convention? If so, what is the most exciting part about it for you? (Dana – besides wardrobe – although the clothes you are bringing could make up a convention alone. LOL)

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will Heather!!

Melissa Amateis said...

We had Deb Dixon for my chapter's annual fall conference. She is a TERRIFIC lady! Very down to earth, very knowledgeable. We had a wonderful experience.

Have fun!!!

Anonymous said...

Melissa: Yes, I've heard only great things about her... I'm so excited!

Dana Pollard said...

You are so lucky to listen to Debra!! Like the other ladies said, "Take notes" BUT SHARE!!! :)

Yes, I'm taking a creative wardrobe, but you would be surprised. It's not a big as you think. My main focus is the 3 editor appointments. I'm nervous as heck. BUT... the most exciting part about going to RT this year is meeting John DeSalvo. I have a serious case of infatuation that I NEED to get over. :) (who am I kidding? It will only get worse once meeting him)

I'm taking my laptop with me, so I can post from Daytona. :)

Anonymous said...

Dana:
TAKE PICTURES!!!!
Even better, get JdS alone and THEN take pictures. And SHARE them!!

Unknown said...

Have fun! I took Deb Dixon's workshop on GMC and the Hero's Journey. It was fantastic.

Rene said...

How fun for you. I have a chapter meeting this weekend but it is at the same time as my daughter's baseball game. I'd rather go to her game and scream "Girl Power."

No conventions for me. There isn't even anything good on t.v. this weekend. I might as well write.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Tess!

Anonymous said...

All the power to you Rene! Girl power always rules - especially between Mother and Daughter.

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

Congrats on joining your chapter! It's so great the support and knowledge that comes with it. As for the RT...maybe one of these years. =D

Anonymous said...

Kelly:
We'll choose one together so we get to meet face to face! LOL

Sandy J said...

I saw Deb do her GMC workshop in Memphis a couple of years ago. It is fabulous! Have fun!

Dana Pollard said...

If there was a way to get JD alone, ahem, with a camera, you bet your boots I'd do it! Of course I'd share. I'm no dummy. hehe