Sunday, May 14, 2006

Weekend Update


Debra Dixon’s workshop on goals, motivation, and conflict and the hero’s journey was awesome. She’s one of those people who can hold your interest the entire day, and her only prop was an overhead projector! I know she teaches, so I’m guessing that’s why she’s so comfortable on the stage.

The information was much of what I’ve read before, but I always enjoy hearing it in a fresh way. I will post more about it this week, but right now I have to go watch Survivor!

I also got a chance to meet two blogger friends in person, Stephanie and Nelsa. Keep an eye on Stephanie’s site in case she shares some of the workshop. I also met some other great writers that belong to the Toronto Romance Writers.

In the meantime, I hope you all have a great week. Those of you going to the Romantic Times Annual Booklovers Convention, have a great time and don’t forget to take lots of notes and lots of pictures!! Stupid me, I forgot my camera for my conference. But, I did get a signed book, so woo hoo!

Have a great week all, and get lots of writing done!!
Nienke

3 comments:

Melissa Amateis said...

So glad you enjoyed the workshop! I had a feeling you would. Deb is just WONDERFUL (both as a teacher and as a person!0.

Sandy J said...

Glad you had a good time. It's probably time for me to get out my GMC book again for a reread. Deb really rocks!

Anonymous said...

Thx Melissa and Sandy - when I get some time this week, I'll post some of my notes.