Monday, April 30, 2007

Thinking blogger award

Thanks to Rene, for awarding me the 'thinking blogger award.'

Now, I must choose 5 other sites that make me think. A tough one!
Since Rene has already received this honor, I will pick 5 others. I will also pick bloggers who I think will pass on the honor.

1. The Mimosa Effect 2
It's fun to follow along Desert Rat's journey of writing. DR is motivated and shares great insights on writing, poetry, life and kitty-cats. Definitely makes me think.

2. Quantum Storytelling
Redchurch can outthink us all. I just love reading his concepts and theories. Never a dull post (sometimes they're over my head - but never dull!).

3. Dr. Bill's Harley Wisdom
As a writer of romance, or any genre for that matter, I believe it's important to understand how humans interact in relationships. Well, Dr. Bill's site is the place to learn about that! He explores love and relationships to a deep level that can help writers understand why their heroines and heroes do what they do.

4. Writer Unboxed
This site has probably already been honored with this award, but I have to include them in my list. Aside from colloquial updates and insights from contributors, this site offers some incredible author interviews!

5. Write Now Is Good
I enjoy following kg's posts. Lot's of helpful information - especially her current weekly feature on organization for writers!

Fine Print:
For those of you I have selected, here's what to do next.
1. If you get were tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think.
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme.
3. Optional: Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award' with a link to the post that you wrote.


It's really hard to pick just 5 blogs that make me think. I suggest you follow the links backwards (from the first link of the original awarder) to find many more wonderful and thought-provoking blogs.

What are some of your favorite blogs and why?

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Aw, shucks, thanks for the mention! My Thinking Blogger Award will require a bit of... thinking.

Dr. Bill Emener said...

Hello Nienke,
Wow... thank you for the very gracious comments regarding my blog! Of course now the pressure's on... I'll try to live up to the accolades you so kindly stated.
And for me, the Comments I receive typically add to what ever the particular phenomena are (and I learn from them).
Thanks again!
Bill

Anonymous said...

Gee, I'm blushing. Thanks for the nomination! I have dutifully taken up the challenge and listed my own five sites. Of course, now I have something to live up to - no more slacking off for me!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Nienke! We're truly touched! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, Nienke! I am very honored by your passing this along to me. Thank you so much. :)

I will do some serious thinking about who to pass this along to...

Kathleen Bolton said...

Kathleen here from WU, having to go undercover thanks to Blogger, but thank you! for tagging us. We've been fans of yours since the very beginning.

lady macleod said...

Your blog gives credence to the art of multi-tasking; not only did I enjoy your blog but all your recommendations were outstanding. Brilliant work there.

I am pleased to find other writers; hear of their angst, successes, and processes.

Thank you for the read,
crickett